By John P. Hirth
New types for dislocation constitution and movement are offered for nanocrystals, nucleation at grain barriers, surprised crystals, interphase interfaces, quasicrystals, advanced buildings with non-planar dislocation cores, and colloidal crystals. A evaluation of experimentally demonstrated major gains of the magnetoplastic influence with their actual interpretation explains many various result of this sort. The version has many strength purposes for forming approaches encouraged by way of magnetic fields.
• Dislocation version for the magnetoplastic effect
• New mechanism for dislocation nucleation and movement in nanocrystals
• New versions for the dislocation constitution of interfaces among crystals with differing crystallographic structure
• A unified view of dislocations in quasicrystals, with a brand new version for dislocation motion
• A basic version of dislocation habit in crystals with non-planar dislocation cores
• Dislocation homes at excessive velocities
• Dislocations in colloidal crystals
Read or Download A Tribute to F.R.N. Nabarro PDF
Best crystallography books
Written through an exceptional staff of specialists within the interdisciplinary components of study, this publication is predicated on a brand new class of the different sorts of fullerene polymers in accordance with their chemical buildings. It covers all facets, from diverse sessions, to their synthesis and purposes in fabric technological know-how.
Process your difficulties from the it's not that they can not see the tip and start with the solutions. resolution. it truly is that they cannot Then someday, might be you can see the matter. locate the ultimate query. G. okay. Chesterton. The Scandal of 'The Hermit Clad in Crane Father Brown 'The element of a Pin'. Feathers' in R.
The interpretation into English of Academician Fedorov's ex cellent treatise on elastic wave propagation in solids has come at an opportune time. His systematic exposition of all facets of this box is so much lucid and easy. the writer has long gone to enormous pains to strengthen in his mathematical history a constant tensor framework which acts as a unifying motif via out a few of the points of the topic.
Crystallography is likely one of the such a lot multidisciplinary sciences, with roots in fields as diverse as arithmetic, physics, chemistry, biology, fabrics technological know-how, computation and earth and planetary technology. The structural wisdom won from crystallography has been instrumental in buying new degrees of figuring out in different clinical components.
- Macromolecular chemistry Volume 1
- Molecular Aggregation: Structure Analysis and Molecular Simulation of Crystals and Liquids (International Union of Crystallography Monographs on Crystallography)
- The glass transition : relaxation dynamics in liquids and disordered materials
- Photonic Crystals: Molding the Flow of Light
- Topics in Stereochemistry, Volume 25
- Structure and Dynamics: An Atomic View of Materials
Additional resources for A Tribute to F.R.N. Nabarro
G. M. Derlet, H. Van Swygenhoven, Appl. Phys. Lett. 85 (24) (2004) 5863–5865. G. M. Derlet, H. Swygenhoven, Acta Metall. 52 (2004). H. , Scripta Mater. 54 (6) (2006) 1163–1168. K. Chen, G. Jr. Chen, Philos. Mag. A 78 (2) (1998) 405–422. W. , Science 300 (5623) (2003) 1275–1277.  T. Ungar, A. Revesz, A. Borbely, J. Appl. Crystallogr. 31 (1998) 554–558.  T. , Acta Mater. 46 (10) (1998) 3693–3699.  S. M. Derlet, S. Van Petegem, H. Van Swygenhoven, Acta Mater. 56 (2008) 165–176. M. Derlet, H.
Mater. 3 (6) (2004) 399–403. L. Y. Zhu, Appl. Phys. Lett. 90 (2007). V. Vitek, Philos. Mag. 18 (1968) 773–786. J. Frenkel, Z. Phys. 37 (1926) 572. J. Rice, J. Mech. Phys. Solids 40 (1992) 239–271. 42 H. M. Derlet  C. M. Derlet, H. Van Swygenhoven, Phys. Rev. B 76 (2007) 054124. M. Derlet, H. Swygenhoven, A. Hasnaoui, Philos. Mag. 83 (2003) 3569–3575.  Y. , Interatomic potential for Al and Ni from experimental data and ab initio calculations, in: Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. , Mater. Research Society, 1999, pp.
Nat. Mater. 1 (1) (2002) 45–48. M. Derlet, H. Van Swygenhoven, Scripta Mater. 47 (11) (2002) 719–724. S. , Appl. Phys. Lett. 87 (23) (2005). S. , Appl. Phys. Lett. 89 (7) (2006). M. V. Hamza, E. Ma, Acta Mater. (2006) 2715–2726. E. Q. Chen, Acta Mater. 50 (12) (2002) 3057–3073. D. Weygand, Y. Brechet, J. Lepinoux, Philos. Mag. B Phys. Condens. Matter Statist. Mech. Electron. Opt. Magn. Prop. 78 (4) (1998) 329–352. D. Gross, M. Li, Appl. Phys. Lett. 80 (5) (2002) 746–748. S. Kumar, H. Van Swygenhoven, S.